Win32 API keypresses

Started by
8 comments, last by K-Zodron 18 years, 9 months ago
Hello! I'm coding some shit with Win32 API, but now I crashed into a problem :'( The prob is that I can't find out how to check for keypresses while "typing" in a textbox. When you are outside the textbox (That is, not clicked on it with your mouse) the keypresses work fine... So..is there anyone out there who maybe knows how these things work? Thanks in advance, K-Zodron Ps. I can give more info if needed ;p
Advertisement
More information would be nice. What language are you developing in? What tools are you using? How are you creating your window and textbox? Can you post the code of your window creation (if you are creating it directly with the API and not a dialog-manager tool) and the code of the window's message handler function?

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

You overwrite the callback funtion for the textbox.
Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ
More information would be nice. What language are you developing in? What tools are you using? How are you creating your window and textbox? Can you post the code of your window creation (if you are creating it directly with the API and not a dialog-manager tool) and the code of the window's message handler function?

I use c++, WINAPI :p

Link to the source code: http://pelikatu.net/lataa/main.cpp (YEs has much useless crap, but mainly a test file :P)
You need to subclass the edit control to receive the messages for it in your own window procedure. See this MSDN article for more information.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Thanks, but any example how you are using this thing?

(I'm don't really get these MSDN texts >.<)
m000
bump
Evully fast this drops, whatever, bump! :)
>,>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement