Sign in to follow this  

compiling a Direct X App using VC++ express

This topic is 4551 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I finally got vc express beta to compile win32 apps properly now I cant get direct X working. I set the include/lib paths added added DDRAW.lib file to the project but I still get a linker error can someone explain this? poop.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw7

Source

Quote:

I get linker errors about multiple or missing symbols for globally unique identifiers (GUIDs), what do I do?

The various GUIDs you use should be defined once and only once. The definition for the GUID will be inserted if you #define the INITGUID symbol before including the DirectX header files. Therefore, you should make sure that this only occurs for one compilation unit. An alternative to this method is to link with the dxguid.lib library, which contains definitions for all of the DirectX GUIDs. If you use this method (which is recommended), then you should never #define the INITGUID symbol.

This is a pre-DX9 thing, AFAIK.

This topic is 4551 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.