trying to develop a video game maker. need help.

Started by
3 comments, last by skyfire 18 years, 9 months ago
i'm currently trying to figure out how to develop a game maker engine. i've been thinking for weeks on how to build one and i'm almost ready except for one thing. how do you arrange the data properly? are there any articules on how to do this? if i'm not explaining enough, please reply.
Advertisement
have you even created your own 3d/2d engine previously?
If not I seriously urge you too. (as you will most likely need it for your "game maker" too, unless you plan to use some premade engine)

Quote:Original post by Syranide
have you even created your own 3d/2d engine previously?
If not I seriously urge you too. (as you will most likely need it for your "game maker" too, unless you plan to use some premade engine)
i'm using a premade engine. it's called "blitz plus", a engine that has 2d and the windows gui.
Yeah I know about that one...
Hehehe, some basically you are going to create a game maker out of a game maker ;)

Well well, to the topic.
It is all about choosing between "flexible and advanced" or "simple and limited"... in every aspect of the game maker, should this function be included or not, must it be this way or not, and then you set up a gui to manage all of those, have a level editor for instance etc.

Having tutorials in this would be strange, as it highly depends on what you are going to do.

Quote:Original post by Syranide
Yeah I know about that one...
Hehehe, some basically you are going to create a game maker out of a game maker ;)

Well well, to the topic.
It is all about choosing between "flexible and advanced" or "simple and limited"... in every aspect of the game maker, should this function be included or not, must it be this way or not, and then you set up a gui to manage all of those, have a level editor for instance etc.

Having tutorials in this would be strange, as it highly depends on what you are going to do.
ok i think i get it now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement