• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vbisme

Remote Debugging

This topic is 6416 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been remote debugging for awhile now, but every since I reformatted my remote pc and then reinstall the remote debugging files something goes wrong. When I run the Debugging Monitor and tried to connect it said, "Cannot load the DLL ''dm.dll''" What the ??????

Advertisement
You can do remote debugging? Wow, that sounds interesting. So you run your program on one pc and send debug output to another?

Sorry that I can''t help you, but would you tell me how to do this remote debugging. Do I need some utility?

Thanks

To install the remote debug monitor

On a Windows 95 or NT computer, the remote debug monitor consists of the following files: MSVCMON.EXE, MSVCRT.DLL, TLN0T.DLL, DM.DLL, MSVCP6O.DLL, and MSDIS110.DLL. For Windows NT only, the remote debugger also requires PSAPI.DLL. Copy these files to the remote target computer, move MSVCRT.DLL to the System32 directory, and restart.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!