migration to msvc

Started by
2 comments, last by python_regious 18 years, 9 months ago
I was using dev-cpp and opengl for a project, but then i decided to move on and start using msvc. So i recreated the project on msvc .net 2003 and it compiles and run nicely, except all polygons now look weird and converge to a single point in the middle of the scene.. i know it sounds noobish and i think it should be something very silly but anyway.. i would very glad if someone could help me .. =) ps: i managed to work once in release build, but now both builds are wrong and i don't know what to do =(
* leandro.
Advertisement
O_o is it a large project? because some source would be nice, maybe you're using fans (thatd do it) also i believe if you send the transpose of the matrix you really want, you could get some strange results (that may resemble that)

hope that helps
-Dan

EDIT: theres a 'p' in transpose (i cant type haha):-p
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Hi,

I migrated from Dev-C++ to MSVC++ .Net 2003 a few months ago. It took me two or three days to get everything running.
One hint I can give you is, that you should pay special attention to how you declare and initialize your variables. At least make sure, that every variable is initialized by some value! Usually 0 - however. Also make sure, that pointers are initialized to NULL!
Dev-C++ sometimes seems to initialize variables to 0 in most cases but MSVC++ in nearly all cases, doesn't!

Your problem seems to be very specific but maybe I could help a bit...

Bye,
ZMaster
As other people have said, it sounds a lot like a case of not setting initial values of variables.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement