Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Clark

Grubby Games releases "Professor Fizzwizzle"!

This is just a quick note to let you all know that, at long last, we've released our first game, Professor Fizzwizzle! If you're interested in a description of the game, please visit our website. The final version can be downloaded here: Windows (7.4mb) Mac OS X (9.8mb) Linux (9.1mb) Screenshots: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 A huge thanks goes out to everyone who provided feedback on our beta releases; you've truly helped make it a better game! Thanks for reading :) [Edited by - Ryan Clark on July 3, 2005 8:32:22 PM]

Incredible job! I love platform games, and this is probably the best one I've played in a long time. Well done.

On another note, thank you guys for sponsering the Game Programming Wiki.

Thanks very much for the kind replies! I'm glad you enjoy the game :)

And as for the game programming wiki; we're happy to provide hosting for it! I think it's important to give back to the game programming community, as I certainly wouldn't be where I am now without all of the help I've received over the years!

Ryan

Really nice work :)
Sound&music is terrific, nice animations too.
The music reminds me of day of the tentacle.

Credit for the awesome music and sound effects should go to Michael Huang at Game Noise.

We hired Michael on contract to handle the audio side of things, and as you can see he did an amazing job.

Quote:
Original post by Ryan Clark
Credit for the awesome music and sound effects should go to Michael Huang at Game Noise.

We hired Michael on contract to handle the audio side of things, and as you can see he did an amazing job.

Just curious, how much time/money did this end up taking you to develop?

That's sheer awsomeness! Definately commercial quality.

BTW, have you ever played The Incredible Machine: Contraptions? Your game reminds me of it.

It took two of us 9 months (full time) to finish, so the major expense was not having any job/income during that time! I did the programing, and Matt did the graphics. We hired Michael Huang for the sound/music.

I'm glad it reminds some of you of The Incredible Machine -- I loved that game!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Is the 19.95 just for a download of the full version? If no box or anything is included, is there a way to get a discount on one OS if you buy for another OS at the same time?

This game's pretty sweet, good work!

However I have a question - in the first advanced level, when I push the barrel that's sitting on the ice, I end up getting stuck there, unable to move. Is this how it's meant to be?

Edit: Okay I used the "show solution" feature, and man, alot of thought went into making that particular level!

[Edited by - Wavarian on July 10, 2005 4:33:28 AM]

Very well done guys.
The artistic style works perfectly with the music and the quirky feel of the game. I had to quit playing the demo and go back to work :)
I'm curious what you guys have planned next, though. I'd like to see updates on your next project, so I joined the newsletter. Good luck with it, and if you need a playtester, send me an email.

Patrick Hackett
www.phackett.com

Dang I hate it when people make games in a similar style to mine, but they do it better :)

Outstanding work, guys. Highest praise. I'll try to get mine registered tonight after I install it on the game-machine downstairs.

This game is really interesting. I have completed all levels from demo once I've start the game. All the levels are original and well thought-out. Great work!

Quote:
Original post by johnhattan
I'll try to get mine registered tonight after I install it on the game-machine downstairs.
And now I'm registered. Don't spend all the money in one place :)

Would you mind putting together a postmortem article for gamedev? I. . .I mean gamedev's readers would love to hear about the development process for the game, what went right, what went wrong, etc.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the kind feedback! I just got back from vacation, so I apologize for the delay in my reply.

I do plan to write a postmortem, although it probably won't happen for another month or so (I'm in the process of moving across the country!).

If you have any other questions, I'll be more responsive for the next 12 days or so :)

Ryan

Sign in to follow this