[4E4] Is Realm Crafter Engine Allowed?

Started by
36 comments, last by SiCrane 17 years, 10 months ago
_-IF-_, (Big if) he gets it to a point where a community could be built, I would be happy to mess around inside it.

Though, to do it in such short time, will hardly leave him time for documentation.
[ Six Hour Game Contest | ( Thread | Blog | Wiki | 6hour Bio ) ][ Website | (Blog | Gallery ) ]
Advertisement
Documentation in this case is a waste of time. The only docs will be concept sketches and game design.
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
I meant on how to get into and play the game.

Generally, people are going to need to know how to play it ^_^
[ Six Hour Game Contest | ( Thread | Blog | Wiki | 6hour Bio ) ][ Website | (Blog | Gallery ) ]
I'm pretty sure, everyone will need to submit a readme.
Quote:Original post by tgraupmann
I'm pretty sure, everyone will need to submit a readme.

Yes, but due to the nature of your game, you're going to need to unveil it before judging. Lest one of the judges decides to be really sadistic, and judge yours first. Which now that I've said that, I'm sure I sparked atleast one of the judge's interest. So you probably will need to unveil the game atleast one week before the judging, so you can build a community appropiate for the judge to review the game.

MMOG are all about community.
eh, they are only looking for the four elements. It might be an MMO engine, but we don't have to use all its features.

I suspect we'll have time to finish a standalone client. We might be able to host the server ourselves for the duration of judging. I'm not concerned with player based. We can just add some NPCs and BOSSES.
Quote:Original post by tgraupmann
eh, they are only looking for the four elements. It might be an MMO engine, but we don't have to use all its features.

I suspect we'll have time to finish a standalone client. We might be able to host the server ourselves for the duration of judging. I'm not concerned with player based. We can just add some NPCs and BOSSES.

You do realise the judges have made it well known that they are looking for a game with more than just the four elements appearing? It must be more than playable. It has to be fun with some manner of hook in it for addictiveness. It requires a distinctiveness that draws it away from other games. It cannot be something you just threw together at the last minute.

And even then, if you don't fully use the engine, you can always just use another nonMMOG engine. I didn't catch if it was the end of June or July it would be released, but if it is the end of July, you can get a head start on your work, rather than waiting for something that might not even fit what you plan to do.
It will probably release in August. But we'll still have two months.
The [final release date] is August 30th.
Getting close to starting the project...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement