[4E4] Is Realm Crafter Engine Allowed?

Started by
36 comments, last by SiCrane 17 years, 10 months ago
Is the [Realm Crafter Engine] allowed, as long as, we create our own content?
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Advertisement
It looks like it, as long as all the content is your own. But the site is a little skstchy on the exact legal details of usage.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Realm Crafter isn't available for download yet, is it?

An MMORPG engine sounds a bit excessive for the competition in any case.
Quote:Original post by tgraupmann
Is the [Realm Crafter Engine] allowed, as long as, we create our own content?

Isn't this still vaporware or has it been released?
Realmcrafter will most likely never come out, and if it does, I will most likely soil myself.
Quote:Original post by Wysardry
Realm Crafter isn't available for download yet, is it?

No, it's not.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Realm Craft entered the testing phase in May according to the [news section].

According to the [forums], it's coming out at [the end of this month]. One of our team members is an active forum poster there. The legal details are in the [FAQ section]. I checked it out. The PRO version is about $110, similar to the Torque Engine.

In the meantime, we are working on content for the game. We have plenty of time for an MMO before the end of October.

[Edited by - tgraupmann on July 4, 2005 9:55:51 PM]
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Like I said...I will soil myself.
You can use RealmCrafter and go MMO if you really want, but I'd strongly recommend against it. Given that the community aspect of an MMO is such a big part of the game experience, you'll have to build a decent-sized community by the contest deadline as well as everything else, which could be difficult.

It's also an avenue for your competitors to interfere with your entry, by pointing undesirable elements at your game.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:Original post by superpig
It's also an avenue for your competitors to interfere with your entry, by pointing undesirable elements at your game.

Wow, you are expecting some real dirtbags to enter in to this competition huh [wink]
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement