• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AmeNeko

SDL_WINDOWID win32 broken?

This topic is 4764 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to port an emulator. I have it rendering fine in its own window, but SDL is completely ignoring the SDL_WINDOWID env. variable and I was wondering if anyone had any input. As best as I can tell I'm doing it correctly. The code is as follows: <code> char buf[100]; sprintf(buf, "SDL_WINDOWID=%d", hWndMain); _putenv(buf); if(SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO)<0) { exit(0); } </code> Where hWndMain is the primary app window. A little bit later on I make a call to SDL_SetVideoMode and it pops up its own window. A call to 'getenv' shows that its setting the value correctly and pulling it back just fine. I've tried 'putenv', '_putenv', and the win32 call 'SetEnvironmentVariable' to no avail. I've tried in just about every place I can think to do it and it doesn't work. I googled a night away and asked around wherever I could find but no one can seem to help me. For the record, the app has its own WinMain and I dont _have_ to link against 'SDL_main.lib'. I'm running WinXP with no SP's, SDL 1.2.8 and VS.NET 2003. It appears to have worked correctly in older versions of SDL but, I dunno.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!