[.net] BoundingBox Strange Behavior

Started by
4 comments, last by Cybrosys 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi everyone who cares to read this post!! I have a very strange problem: I created a mesh of a tank in blender and loaded it to my app. then I calculated a BoundingBox (using Geometry.BoundingBox method) and rendered it, strangely enough the box didn't bound the mesh and was offseted about a third in t z and x directions, Has any 1 encontered such a problem? more strange is the fact that a diffrent mesh resulted in a proper bounding box thanks in advance...
Advertisement
I haven't used any of that, but maybe the bounding box is always a cube, so it grows in all directions equally to accomodate one long part of the tank, possibly the cannon.
Graphics make the game! 8-)
I don't think this is the case as I see that the box is in the correct size but is offseted about a querter of the mesh size in z and x axises ,
I shall try to put a screenshot link when I'll return from work...
You're not moving the tank or anything like that? If the bb was placed correctly, would it contain the entire tank?
The Problem occurs without moving the tank Mesh(i.e. I render the tank and it's bbox directly after loading the mesh, moreover the bbox and the tank mesh share the same tranform.
do you think a transform in the .x file caused by the modeller software did such a thing?
The problem could be that the tank isn't centered in the .x file, but if so, you'd think that the bb would still have the correct corner values... :S

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement