Dev-C++ and DirectX9

Started by
35 comments, last by cellman 18 years, 9 months ago
try the WebUpdate tool that comes with Dev-C++. it should list availible packs.
Advertisement
VUpdate says "Error: Server Temporarily Down?" Is there anywhere I can download the pack manually?
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
I don't think you can get that pack anymore for legal reasons. My problem is that I have the .a files but there is no such d3dx9.h file in the dev-cpp include dir. I need to use this particular file though.
is it any other way to use directx with dev cpp without the directx dev pack??

and why did they delete it :S

i have the dev pack atleast
Blekinge Institute of Technology
Twitter [twitter]devmoon[/twitter]
Homepage http://devmoon.se
Stream http://twitch.tv/devmoon
So you can't get the Dev-pack anymore? And you can't make DX stuff with Dev unless you have the pack?? So I'm totally at a programming roadblock until I get broadband internet and can download the massive MSVC Express??? ARRRGGGHHH!!! Are there any other free C compilers out there that work with DX9 and won't take several years to download with dial-up?
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Read this, check out who gets mentioned in the credits for that [smile].
I am pretty sure that reimp doesnt come with devcpp. That and the newest version has .a files for directX crap. The thing it is missing is a d3dx9.h .
Quote:Original post by MikeWulf
I am pretty sure that reimp doesnt come with devcpp. That and the newest version has .a files for directX crap. The thing it is missing is a d3dx9.h .

You just need to copy over the headers from the dxsdk include directory to the MinGW one.
As stated reimp comes with MinGW Utilities, download, extract, copy over to the DevC++ directory.
Oh, sorry. It's just in the article it seemed as if you were referring to the mingw that comes with devcpp.
Edit> Okay, I did that. Now everything is fixed besides:
[Linker error] undefined reference to `timeGetTime@0'
Might you know what that one is?
editedit> Nevermind. I searched the msdn. Thanks for all the help dude! Make sure your answers here gets in the devcpp wiki. You know, since you don't have to do all that crap with the reimp in the latest version of devcpp.

[Edited by - MikeWulf on July 5, 2005 12:55:06 PM]
OK, what am I supposed to do with the mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz file after I download it?
Edit: Does Dev-cpp version 4989 come with the DX libs? Just wondering.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement