Sign in to follow this  
be17_17y

text box question

i'm using mesh for my menu, button, and others.. but the problem is to make textbox,listbox,combobox ? any suggestion on doing this ?

Surely you can just create them in the same way you do a menu/button etc...?

The only difference with my own ComboBox class is that it has two states - with drop-down or without drop-down list. Other than that it's drawn/created with the same code as all my other controls.

Have you looked into the DXUT framework in the SDK?

hth
Jack

but..actually my button created by mesh detect the mouse clicking using
picking method/mesh intersect...
I have try read DXUT frmework on SDK, but it gets me more and more confuse...
I don't understand it all...(I'm a very beginner in DirectX)..

Do you have another solution..????

Using fully 3D meshes for your GUI would open the doors to some very powerful features, but at the same time is definitely overkill unless you plan on having a suitably complex GUI.

I'd still recommend the DXUT stuff, I've never read anything much about them - but I have created my own DXUT based GUI very quickly just by hacking around with the SDK samples.

Granted, I'm not using the absolute latest samples (but I doubt that much has changed!) but it all seemed fairly intuitive to me.

Give it a go, even if you think you don't understand it I'd hazard a guess that you learning DXUT will be easier than trying to achieve your original aim by using pure-3D/meshes.

Remember that you can always post back here with DXUT-specific questions when you get stuck [smile]

hth
Jack

Thanks...jollyjeffers...You're the BEST.
anyway..can u tell me what files in sdk i have to put into my project to get that GUI, it seems all the files connected each other... i'm afraid of copying them because i have make my own file to init directx,create mesh,etc. so maybe it might get collide with the DXUT framework that have the same purpose.

Thankyou very much