Sign in to follow this  
snk_kid

C++/CLI & Managed DX sweet

snk_kid    1312
The other day i was curious if this combo is ready yet so i converted one of the C# MDX tutorial samples (Tutorial 6: Using Meshes) to C++/CLI see if this would work yet, well it works [smile] i don't know if other people know already so i decided to post about it here. There was one very slight problem, to have it run without any problems you need to run the program directly instead of through the VC++ 2k5 .NET IDE otherwise you get 2/3 odd runtime messages which you can just ignore by clicking continue and it works. I would upload the project for others to see & play with but i don't have any webspace. If any one else wants to do it just remember to add the wright MDX references to your project.

circlesoft    1178
Nice, I was not aware that C++/CLI was even implemented yet (I have not had the time to check out the new Visual Studios, though). If you email the package to me (dustinhimer at comcast.net), I will glady put them up on my webserver.

snk_kid    1312
Quote:
Original post by circlesoft
Nice, I was not aware that C++/CLI was even implemented yet (I have not had the time to check out the new Visual Studios, though).

C++/CLI standard is in its second draft form so its almost done, i think it will be finalized & published this September (ECMA standard). However VC++ 8.0 beta already implements what is in the current draft and quite stable too (note it is not required to use C++/CLI you can still write standard C++ programs).

Quote:
Original post by circlesoft
If you email the package to me (dustinhimer at comcast.net), I will glady put them up on my webserver.

Should be done [smile].