Game genre questionaire

Started by
28 comments, last by Sneftel 18 years, 9 months ago
A couple of threads are asking for screenshots and so on, but I thought maybe we could have one solely to see who is making what kind of entry. Feel free to discuss any details or not, depending on whether you want to keep your ideas secret! I'll start - RTS, with graphics of the style of C&C / TA etc - a high isometric view to eliminate high detail models! Between 2 and 4 of the game themes will be present in this single-player game. The sides will be very different in terms of strategy, abilities which is probably a tuning nightmare but oh well... in fact I'm deliberately making the different sides vastly different in terms of strength.
Advertisement
Roguelike, probably ASCII art, although if there is time (and resources) I might decide to plug in something more pretty.

The game is programmed in Objective Caml.
2d isometric RPG.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk
Roguelike, probably ASCII art, although if there is time (and resources) I might decide to plug in something more pretty.

I believe you are a little more crazy than anyone else here :)

Regards,
Quote:Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk

I believe you are a little more crazy than anyone else here :)

Regards,

Yes.

---------

I'm going with sort-of an FPS. You'll have to wait and see what I mean.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
I'm making a top-down 2D RPG in the style of old-school Final Fantasy games. If I had the wherewithal and the time I'd make a Final Fantasy 7 clone.
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
I'm working on a side-scrolling puzzle game, although it remains to be seen whether or not I'll have enough free time to actually come up with some decent puzzles. [wink] I should have all 4 elements in the game if all goes well, although I'm still working out the details of how each will be used.

- Jason Astle-Adams

3rd person action/adventure.
Is anyone here making a fps?
Quote:Original post by xCronus
Is anyone here making a fps?

Quote:Original post by ricekrispyw
I'm going with sort-of an FPS. You'll have to wait and see what I mean.

There will probably be at least a couple. Are you considering attempting one?

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement