Taking orders from an AI

Started by
2 comments, last by someboddy 18 years, 9 months ago
This is basicly my idea for random objectives generator. I do not have the knowledge to make such a game, so anyone who want can use it on his game (and send me a copy :-). There will be two or more armies, each controlled by a regular strategy game AI. The player (or players, during online game), will be a regular unit. Like the AI commander gives orders to the AI troops, it will give orders to the player. However, those orders won't be the regular drag-by-the-nose orders players give in strategy game. They will be more general - "destroy that base", "steal that tank", "defend this building" ext. Though I never worked with AI before, I belive it won't be too hard to program - the AI commander decide about the goals before it decides about the troopers path. The AI commander will not give the player boring building tasks, and unless the game is set to a hard level of difficulty, the AI will not send the player on suicide missions. So what to you guys think?
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!
Advertisement
I'd say not a bad idea, overall.

The only problem I can see would be coming up with an AI that can do the strategy properly. I think that if you modified an AI from a RTS game you might be able to pull it off.

--Ter'Lenth
--Ter'Lenth
It sounds very cool to me,
I was planing to create a RPG (madieval one:D)
but it think that we can at least discuss this
game idea:D, if you can programm or if you can
make game art and you would like to help, please
add me to your msn (if you have one):

CharlieGerhardus@hotmail.com

I would realy like to hear what your ideas are about
this game idea (more pesific).

Tjaalie,

PS: I have vacantion now so im going to work fulltime on a project:D
if (*pYou == ASSHOLE) { pYou->Die(); delete pYou; };
Well, I am pretty much a noob when it come to game programing. I can make simple 2d games, but I still lack the knowledge of using game engines. More important, I don't have a MSN Messenger account.

I posted this idea here because I thought it is to good to keep it for myself until I have the knowledge to use it.
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement