Granite - The New Standard in PC Curling

Started by
7 comments, last by fifty1 23 years, 4 months ago
Ok, ok, so most of you think curling is an odd little sport, or you've never heard of it. That doesn't mean there aren't a million of us curlers in Canada plus a few others all around the world. Do I sound defensive? Just not gettin' any respect lately... I'm almost finished my first game called Granite. It's a curling simulation. You got a problem with that? Oops, again with the defensiveness... The website is up at www.fifty1.com. John Van Vliet Fifty1 Software Edited by - fifty1 on 11/29/00 12:24:38 AM
Advertisement
Go Leafs Go!

Sorry, I''m more of a hockey fan myself

Dire Wolf
direwolf@digitalfiends.com
[email=direwolf@digitalfiends.com]Dire Wolf[/email]
www.digitalfiends.com
Me too, but EA Sports pretty much has the hockey market tied up. That''d be a tough market to test with my first game.

Go Oilers Go!

John
I''m no curler, hockey player/fan myself but the game looks awesome. Nice screen shots. Let fellow hosers know when your demos are ready eh.
Amen, Go Oilers Go!
I was born in Edmonton, but I moved out of Canada during second grade, so I never really got a chance to try curling. However, I have played Nagano Olympics'' version for the N64, and I must say it was quite fun. I''ll look forward to a demo of your game (I can''t really afford to purchase many games, so I have to survive off of the demos if I play them at all. )
quote:Original post by fifty1
Granite. It''s a curling simulation. You got a problem with that?

LOL, if you ever publish, you should put this text on the box, and nothing else.

Seems like a great game that would be fun to play because i''ve never seen such a game/sport in my life.
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
Hey.. it does look nice..

awesome.. and your first game too.. aye carumba!

how long''d it take?

give us the scoop..

digital euphoria software

Thanks for all your feedback.

aegrimonia, it took about six months of part-time work while I experimented with Java, moved to Visual C++, learned OpenGL, and generally thrashed, followed by another four months of full-time work that still included a lot of thrashing.

I just finished play-testing the AI. That''s hard stuff -- much harder than I expected. Now I just have to polish the GUI and I''m done!

All you non-curlers should give it a try when it''s ready. I''l let you know.

John

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement