Preprocessor 0.4

Started by
3 comments, last by Deyja 18 years, 9 months ago
Hey, I was bored, and I wanted to get this out so I could start working on #pragma support; because once I get that done I can finally catch the public codebase up to my 'private experimental' one. Available at www.omnisu.com NEW IN 0.4 LineNumberTranslator - Use this class to resolve line numbers in the final preprocessed script to the original file and line. Client code creates a LineNumberTranslator object and passes it to Preprocessor::preprocess. After preprocessing, the members ResolveOriginalFile and ResolveOriginalLine of LineNumberTranslator can be used to resolve original file and line information. Error Reporting - Error reporting and handling has been greatly improved. The preprocessor will not longer abort on the first error it receives. Error messages also now include file names and line numbers. Preprocessor::preprocess - The return type of the preprocess function has been changed from bool to int. It now returns the number of errors detected in the file. 0 indicates success. Bug Fix: Preprocessor::OutStream - The outstream class now uses std::stringstream to properly convert types to strings inside it's operator <<. I know I promised no interface changes; but, sorry, with the improved error handling it became more logical to return the number of errors than a simple success/failure. It should require only minimal changes, probably as simple as adding an !.
Advertisement
This is great. I'm very happy to see that you continue to improve on this library. There are too many promising libraries that I see get started but never finished.

I still haven't had the time to update my site with your other changes, but I'll try to update it as soon as possible.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Actually you should probably wait. There will be a long gap between 0.5 and 0.6, because as soon as I finish pragma support it will have everything the only user I know of, besides myself, wants, so it'll go back to the bottom of the list. So wait for 0.5; then put that on angelcode.com.

[edit]And my rating has been going like a rollercoaster this weekend. Wee!
What is your rating?
At the moment, 1070. Why?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement