Broadcast Capture video in the LAN network!

Started by
4 comments, last by JesseHe 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi my friends, Recently, I have a troubled question on the Direct Show . That is : I have captured video data in the local PC by USB camera with DirectShow Interfaces. but I want to send the data to the other PCs in LAN network,and to display the video image in client PC. How to receive the real-time data from Video capture filter? and can be displayed the real-time data in the Client PC? How to build the Graph in the client PC by the data that received from the server? I will thank you for your idea very much!
Jesse.He
Advertisement
Maybe you can make your own source filter to implement it.

if I add a splitter filter with two outpins between the source filter and decommpression filter , I want to make a filter that
connect to one outpin of the splitter , then it output the data to memory ! finally send the data to the other PC. Is the method doable?
Jesse.He
?
look at the texture3d sample for how to create video render filters. or check online for network directshow filters.
Wow, there is alot of interest in this lately.

Here''s my suggestion. Change the texture sample so that it "writes" to a socket instead of writing to a texture. Have another socket receive that data and THEN write it to a texture on the receiving side. Once you get that to work, restructure, make nice separate apps, use directplay, etc. etc.

Do an initial version without worrying about compressed video (although it will be very slow). Once you get things working, then worry about things like compression, etc.
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement