• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BenB

What game should I create first?

This topic is 6504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey! I''m a newbie programmer, and I would like to start making simple games. What game do you think I should create first? Thanks, Ben

Advertisement
I would suggest if you are completely new something like a guess the number game. randomly choose a number and get the user to input numbers telling them to go higher or lower until they get it. If that is too basic go for a text based adventure game. Or if you want more advanced go for pong/breakout/tetris. If you need any help on any of these you can mail me on Zeke000000@aol.com and im more than willing to help.

However if you want more advanced stuff I cant really help because I am only at the tetris stage myself.

"People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face

If you want to do a graphic game, I would recommend basic space invaders. Just the enemies moving back and forth dropping shots, and you moving at the bottom shooting up.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!