What game should I create first?

Started by
2 comments, last by BenB 23 years, 4 months ago
Hey! I''m a newbie programmer, and I would like to start making simple games. What game do you think I should create first? Thanks, Ben
Advertisement
I would suggest if you are completely new something like a guess the number game. randomly choose a number and get the user to input numbers telling them to go higher or lower until they get it. If that is too basic go for a text based adventure game. Or if you want more advanced go for pong/breakout/tetris. If you need any help on any of these you can mail me on Zeke000000@aol.com and im more than willing to help.

However if you want more advanced stuff I cant really help because I am only at the tetris stage myself.

"People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face
Just my thoughts take them as you will. "People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face
If you want to do a graphic game, I would recommend basic space invaders. Just the enemies moving back and forth dropping shots, and you moving at the bottom shooting up.
Pong... and then PacMan. Just like everybody else

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement