A Technical Support Section...

Started by
28 comments, last by smr 18 years, 9 months ago
What do the moderators think???

Would you agree to have a Technical Support section?
"Why?" -Felix
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Karst and Agatio

It's not really our decision :>

Everything Unix is already pretty much a tech support forum. The Lounge tends to cater to the rest. My personal opinion is that it really isn't necessary to dedicate a forum to such questions. But that's only me, I can see how others might disagree. And the Staff works in mysterious ways...
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Technical support sucks when you're getting paid for it. It sucks even more when you get roped into doing it for friends or family as a favour. It sucks hardest when doing it for complete strangers who are too lazy to figure it out on their own or too cheap to pay someone else to do it.

Game Programming Blog: www.mattnewport.com/blog

Quote:Original post by Fruny

And the Staff works in mysterious ways...

I see... how??

"Why?" -Felix
Quote:Original post by evolutional

It's not really our decision :>

Your a mod... how could it not??
"Why?" -Felix
ITs the choice of an admin, not a mod.

Also, tech support does exist. If you have a tech problem, you ask in the lounge. If you have a problem with a game, you're on the wrong damn site.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
ITs the choice of an admin, not a mod.

Also, tech support does exist. If you have a tech problem, you ask in the lounge. If you have a problem with a game, you're on the wrong damn site.

I see... maybe I should ask the admin...
"Why?" -Felix
If we were to add a technical support section, we'd start attracting people who weren't interested in game development, but rather, just game playing. Frankly, that's not the demographic we want to attract. It's similar to why we don't have a forum devoted to barbecuing tips. It's not that we dislike those who barbecue. This just isn't the place for them.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
If we were to add a technical support section, we'd start attracting people who weren't interested in game development, but rather, just game playing. Frankly, that's not the demographic we want to attract. It's similar to why we don't have a forum devoted to barbecuing tips. It's not that we dislike those who barbecue. This just isn't the place for them.

Oh... well ok then...

Maybe I will start my own forum... got any website that makes forums??
"Why?" -Felix

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement