A Technical Support Section...

Started by
28 comments, last by smr 18 years, 9 months ago
I think this site would be great to have a Technical Support Section. Anybody agree??
"Why?" -Felix
Advertisement
Nope.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Original post by Tron3k
Nope.

Why not??

"Why?" -Felix
Most definitely not.
First of all this should probably be in the "Suggestions" forum.

Second...What? Like help with getting specific games to work? I don't think there are enough people here who have such problems to merit that. Besides, we're developers, not Customer Support reps.

Quote:Original post by Valderman
Most definitely not.

Why??

"Why?" -Felix
Quote:Original post by OBeH
First of all this should probably be in the "Suggestions" forum.

Second...What? Like help with getting specific games to work? I don't think there are enough people here who have such problems to merit that. Besides, we're developers, not Customer Support reps.

Now i get it! :)
"Why?" -Felix
1) This belongsa in the suggestions forum
2) We are not a technical support board, and I think most of us do not want to provide technical support
3) We Hate People (Well, not me, but I'm sure everyone else does)

Generally, tech support kind of forums attract a kind of poster that is slightly less knowledgable than our average poster here. If you read the other topics (outside of the lounge!) you will find that we are all technically inclined and talk about issues that the general user who wants tech support could not contribute to.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
Moved to the Suggestions forum.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Quote:Original post by intrest86
1) This belongsa in the suggestions forum
2) We are not a technical support board, and I think most of us do not want to provide technical support
3) We Hate People (Well, not me, but I'm sure everyone else does)

Generally, tech support kind of forums attract a kind of poster that is slightly less knowledgable than our average poster here. If you read the other topics (outside of the lounge!) you will find that we are all technically inclined and talk about issues that the general user who wants tech support could not contribute to.

I see, ok.
"Why?" -Felix

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement