• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nightsonic

Punch, Kick, Fighting Sound Effects......

This topic is 6508 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know where I can get some fight sound effects. I need stuff such as people getting hit, people grunting and those sort of fighting sound effects. Any help would be appreciated THanX!

Advertisement
For free, or for pay?

I purchased a CD of mixed effect for raw material from the Hollywood Edge Folks - the Super Single II - and am pretty happy with it as far as mix of sounds, quality, etc. goes. It''s on an audio CD but the ol'' CD burner does a killer job of bringing those tracks into WAVE format for fiddling with... it''s not cheap at $60.00 but the quality and quantity can''t be beat. The Super Single I had punches, metal body blows, all kinds of goodies - hit www.hollywoodedge.com and get a track listing for the CD. It saved me way more than $60 worth of aggravation trying to find what I needed for free (a lot of the public domain .WAV files out there are so full of noise that they''re unusable).

Otherwise, if you have a decent tape recorder or a modestly good mike hooked up to a respectable sound card, you can make your own. It''s amazing what hitting a bag of rice with various household implements will sound like, heh heh heh...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!