Sign in to follow this  

Relitivistic time equasions.

This topic is 4538 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Assuming i know the time from an observer, as well as its velocity with respect with a point. Could i calculate the time at that point? Also, if i know the time from another observer and its velocity with respect to the same point, would the two calculated times be identical? From, Nice coder

ok, so i can calculate the time dialation from speed...

How would i do something like it for gravity. (ie, i have two masses, and the radius, how would i work out the dialation?)?

From,
Nice coder

To calculate that you will need a firm understanding of differential geometry and mertic spaces. Indeed, the answer to that question is based on how you define your metric. This page should be of help to you. That page assumes a Schwarzschild metric (the easiest, indeed, Schwarzschild found it not but a year after Einstien published his theory, while fighting a war, in his free time [smile]).

I hear that there is another way, using the assumption of a Maximum force in nature (for R3), however, I have yet to read it.

lol at pic.

Guy 1: Did you hear the joke about that new airplane ?
Guy 2: No
Guy 1: Well... thats alright, its way over your head anyway!
Audience: HHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Continuing the theme:

Two wrongs may not make a right but two rights make:

An Airplane!! Ahem. I am done now.

The equation is:

t[movingDude] = t[observer] / sqrt(1 - v[movingDude]^2/c^2) where movingDude = the dude who is moving, observer = the dude who is observing, v is velocity and c is the speed of light (3x10^8 m/s)

This topic is 4538 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.