Relitivistic time equasions.

Started by
8 comments, last by jperalta 18 years, 9 months ago
Assuming i know the time from an observer, as well as its velocity with respect with a point. Could i calculate the time at that point? Also, if i know the time from another observer and its velocity with respect to the same point, would the two calculated times be identical? From, Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.
Advertisement
Can anyone help? (this should be straightforeward..... [google] is no longer my friend [sad])

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.
You might be looking for the Lorentz transformation.
ok, so i can calculate the time dialation from speed...

How would i do something like it for gravity. (ie, i have two masses, and the radius, how would i work out the dialation?)?

From,
Nice coder
It is believed that gravitational waves do travel at the speed of light.

edit - nevermind, wrong question. Start looking here.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
you might find this interesting, its a series of short draft essays I did over in the game design forum

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=321923
-----------------www.stevemata.com
To calculate that you will need a firm understanding of differential geometry and mertic spaces. Indeed, the answer to that question is based on how you define your metric. This page should be of help to you. That page assumes a Schwarzschild metric (the easiest, indeed, Schwarzschild found it not but a year after Einstien published his theory, while fighting a war, in his free time [smile]).

I hear that there is another way, using the assumption of a Maximum force in nature (for R3), however, I have yet to read it.
ok
It    ----> WhooshMy head  ___ |>.<|  ---

From,
Nice coder
lol at pic.

Guy 1: Did you hear the joke about that new airplane ?
Guy 2: No
Guy 1: Well... thats alright, its way over your head anyway!
Audience: HHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Continuing the theme:

Two wrongs may not make a right but two rights make:

An Airplane!! Ahem. I am done now.
The equation is:

t[movingDude] = t[observer] / sqrt(1 - v[movingDude]^2/c^2) where movingDude = the dude who is moving, observer = the dude who is observing, v is velocity and c is the speed of light (3x10^8 m/s)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement