Strange OpenGL problem

Started by
2 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 18 years, 9 months ago
i'm 12 years old i wanna make a star wars kotor clone can you describe me how can i do this kinda game please help me my friends call me sucker i must make this game. please give me code examples and teach me opengl. Im waiting for your codes, pls pls pls...
Advertisement
To learn OpenGL, the best place to learn would be over at NeHe's site (at nehe.gamedev.net). It has excellent tutorials and code examples ranging from beginner to expert. Good luck on your journey into the world of game development.

On the other hand, I have to agree with your friends [smile]

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Quote:Original post by noobstar
i'm 12 years old i wanna make a star wars kotor clone can you describe me how can i do this kinda game please help me my friends call me sucker i must make this game. please give me code examples and teach me opengl. Im waiting for your codes, pls pls pls...

No one is going to give you the code to make a Star Wars: KOTOR clone. Simply because there are few, if any, people here on the forums who know exactly how to make such a game. (I certainly don't). Even if they did, they are not likely to hand you the code in such a manner.

I hope you realize that a game like Star Wars: KOTOR has taken several years to develop, and there were a large team of proffessionals working on it.

Making a KOTOR clone also involves *alot* more than just OpenGL code. You have to learn a wide variety of things like physics, AI programming, game engine design, etc.

And, as you probably realize, you are still very young. Don't get your hopes up too high. I began game programming when I was just about your age. I've been doing it for about three-four years now, and I've not even come anywhere close to making a game of commercial quality, such as KOTOR.

However, to get you started with something, head over to NeHe. There you can learn OpenGL.

I'm not sure that making a game to impress your friends is the right reason for doing it. You should do it for fun, and as a learning experience.

Good luck! And patience young grasshopper...

Edit: Also, the title of the thread is misleading. Be as accurate as you can, and don't trick people.
As the thread title is misleaded and the OP has had too good answers I'm going to close this to save others from wasting their time [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement