Best C++ program to use

Started by
7 comments, last by smr 18 years, 9 months ago
I currently use C builder-X. I know that Dev-C++ and Visual Studio C++ are out there, and I was wondering which you professionals consider the best, and what other ones not listed might be better than the previously stated ones. Also if you could post where to find them and if they are free or not would be appreciated. Thanks, Dark savant
Advertisement
In terms of free IDEs for C++ on Windows, Dev-C++ is pretty nice (I love the DevPaks concept...very easy), but not as stable as Code::Blocks (both use the same compiler, though CB can use the free Microsoft compiler too, and Borland's).
I love the VisualC++ IDEs(not free). They are and have been pretty much the standard professionally, so it wouldn't hurt to learn how to use it.

You can download the Beta2 versions of all portions of Visual Studio 2005 here

J
Even if its not free, currently a license for Visual Studio (C++ only) is just $100 and its really worth it if you are commited to game development.

Luck!
Guimo
I think visual studio is one of the best from my expierence.
Visual C++. The express editions will be sold for $49 USD when they're released.
Visual C++ is awesome and its free right now! I was wondering when the beta ends will you still be able to use the beta on your computer?
I donot know abt .net , but i find the Vc++ 6 interface to be brilliant , check it out :)
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943
Quote:Original post by theycallhimSeeD
Visual C++ is awesome and its free right now! I was wondering when the beta ends will you still be able to use the beta on your computer?

No, I don't think so. But it's only $49 dollars. I'd say that's more than a fair price. If you can't afford that, then there's always Code::Blocks. The only thing that turned me off of Code::Blocks is that the integrated debugging is kinda quirky.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement