• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
s0l1dsnak3123

How do you make a hud display for an online-RPG???

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello everybody, I'm new here and have just recently purchased DarkBASIC classic and am workning on an online RPG. I'm weondering how you could get a HUD display that knowone else can see (since it is an ONLINE game) P.S A link to a website with free custom composing would be good too!!! s0l1dsnak3123

Advertisement
the hud needs to be stored locally... u shouldn't have it serverside.

make a basic GUI first, with buttons, labels etc, and things will naturally flow from there.. :)

peace.

It is'nt on a server yet, and the Idea is that at a certain time of a day, everyone with this game goes to the server's IP address.
P.S I don't know what a gui is and I'm quite new with darkbasic, but thanx anyways,
s0l1dsnak3123 :)

a GUI is a "Graphical User Interface"

Meaning all the pretty pictures that you're using to interact with your program.

Quote:
Original post by Talroth
a GUI is a "Graphical User Interface"

Meaning all the pretty pictures that you're using to interact with your program.
How could I make 1???
Thanx by the way!!!

I've never actually made a HUD, like those in FPS games, but I would expect they're just a single/group of images with transparent areas so you can see the rest of the game, and you call them LAST when drawing your graphics.

I suggest you play with something a LOT simpler than something that involves a HUD.

things like, "Hey, I need help,... ah, want to just do all this work for me" usually doesn't go over very well, I suggest you don't.

now, "Can someone help me and guide me in learning to program in (Insert programing language name)" that might work nicely, if you get lucky.

you are so good compared to me when it comes to things like common sense (and that's a good thing trust me I've learned from experiance!!!

Quote:
Original post by Talroth
things like, "Hey, I need help,... ah, want to just do all this work for me" usually doesn't go over very well, I suggest you don't.

now, "Can someone help me and guide me in learning to program in (Insert programing language name)" that might work nicely, if you get lucky.

Done. new thread put in.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!