How do you make a hud display for an online-RPG???

Started by
22 comments, last by anonuser 18 years, 9 months ago
hello everybody, I'm new here and have just recently purchased DarkBASIC classic and am workning on an online RPG. I'm weondering how you could get a HUD display that knowone else can see (since it is an ONLINE game) P.S A link to a website with free custom composing would be good too!!! s0l1dsnak3123
Advertisement
the hud needs to be stored locally... u shouldn't have it serverside.

make a basic GUI first, with buttons, labels etc, and things will naturally flow from there.. :)

peace.
"Game Maker For Life, probably never professional thou." =)
It is'nt on a server yet, and the Idea is that at a certain time of a day, everyone with this game goes to the server's IP address.
P.S I don't know what a gui is and I'm quite new with darkbasic, but thanx anyways,
s0l1dsnak3123 :)
a GUI is a "Graphical User Interface"

Meaning all the pretty pictures that you're using to interact with your program.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Quote:Original post by Talroth
a GUI is a "Graphical User Interface"

Meaning all the pretty pictures that you're using to interact with your program.
How could I make 1???
Thanx by the way!!!

I've never actually made a HUD, like those in FPS games, but I would expect they're just a single/group of images with transparent areas so you can see the rest of the game, and you call them LAST when drawing your graphics.

I suggest you play with something a LOT simpler than something that involves a HUD.
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
or of course I could ask for some help in the 'help wanted' board...
things like, "Hey, I need help,... ah, want to just do all this work for me" usually doesn't go over very well, I suggest you don't.

now, "Can someone help me and guide me in learning to program in (Insert programing language name)" that might work nicely, if you get lucky.
you are so good compared to me when it comes to things like common sense (and that's a good thing trust me I've learned from experiance!!!
Quote:Original post by Talroth
things like, "Hey, I need help,... ah, want to just do all this work for me" usually doesn't go over very well, I suggest you don't.

now, "Can someone help me and guide me in learning to program in (Insert programing language name)" that might work nicely, if you get lucky.

Done. new thread put in.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement