Sign in to follow this  
deadlydog

Can only create mouse cursor resource as monochrome

I'm using VS .Net 2003 and when I try to create a new cursor resource, it only allows me to do it in monochrome. If I choose to create a different type of resource though, such as an icon, it gives me the regular 16 colors to choose from. Does anyone know how in VS .Net to get it so I can create a cursor with color? Thanks.

Okay, so now I've created my mouse cursor in color, but nothing shows up in my game. Even when just looking at the file in Windows Explorer nothing shows up (normally it has the little thumbnail or preview picture). If I change it back to monochrome though, it displays fine (both in my game and in Windows Explorer). I've tried using both 16 and 256 colors, but the mouse does not show up at all when I do this. Can mouse pointers only be monochrome? I'm sure there is a way to get it with color.

Did you make sure to delete the monochrome image? When you do 'new type', it doesn't change the format of the cursor - it creates a new image in the cursor (cursors and icons are kind of like folders of images) of the type selected.