Blitz Basic

Started by
38 comments, last by Samsonite 18 years, 9 months ago
Is Darkbasic easier then Blitz Basic? Just Wondering. By the way has anyone heard of the Oracle thing? SQL language. I wanted to know what it is cause my dad a computer programmer and i wanted to know how he uses it and what he does with it? Thank You, Redmetal
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Redmetal
Is Darkbasic easier then Blitz Basic?
It won't hurt to try that or any other language out. I say that because, based on your previous posts, you need to nail some basic concepts of programming. If you got a taste of what's out there, you'll likely make some progress in this regard.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with either of them, but I did when I was just starting out.

Quote:By the way has anyone heard of the Oracle thing? SQL language.
I wanted to know what it is cause my dad a computer programmer and i wanted to know how he uses it and what he does with it?
Why don't you ask him?
From a website:

SQL stands for "Structured Query Language". This language allows us to pose complex questions of a database. It also provides a means of creating databases. SQL very widely used. Many database products support SQL, this means that if learn how to use SQL you can apply this knowledge to MS Access or SQL Server or to Oracle or Ingres and countless other databases.

SQL works with relational databases. A relational database stores data in tables (relations). A database is a collection of tables. A table consists a list of records - each record in a table has the same structure, each has a fixed number of "fields" of a given type.

Sequal or SQL is easy to learnand you can use Microsoft's Access with it too.
So whats the point of using SQL? Why do we need it?

Thnx,
Redmetal
So whats the point of using SQL? Why do we need it?
I don't know; it's one of those IT things I was never interested in.
So does anyone here have blitz basic and darkbasic experince?
If so which one is easier?

Thnx,
Redmetal
SQL and Oracle are both database-related, however SQL is a language for communicating with databases, and Oracle is pretty much a full-blown integrated database system.

SQL is useful because it allows easy communication with databases in a programmatic fashion, and is pretty much a standard for many types of databases. With SQL you can add records, change tables and do search queries on the fly.

it depends on what you want to do..

if you want to make a ESPN AAA type Hockey Game Blitz Basic is the one for you! :D
heh
So does anyone here have blitz basic and darkbasic experince?
If so which one is easier?
Sorry, but those aren't really taken seriously by many people. The answer is: Pick one.

I know you have a book that discusses it, but have you actually done anything in Blitz Basic yet?

Quote:Original post by OpenGL_Guru
it depends on what you want to do..

if you want to make a ESPN AAA type Hockey Game Blitz Basic is the one for you! :D

Correction: that's DarkBASIC, not blitz.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement