Can I do this?

Started by
4 comments, last by Chris_N 18 years, 9 months ago
I'm about to start working on AI for my hockey game, and I have a small question: Can I solve only on the xz plane for player position( In my world Y is up ), and by this design all the AI in a simple 2D fashion.? / Christoffer Nyberg
/ Christoffer Nyberg( www.christoffernyberg.com )
Advertisement
I don't see why you couldn't do this. Why don't you only compare X and Z values and just omit the Y value in your calculations?
Yeah, that is probebly the best way to do it..
The only thing I can see that you might want to consider the Y value for, is for things like tripping and hip checking in the game, where it depends on the positions (height wise) of the players. Although it would probably work just as good if you used states for this.
There are some 3D aspects to the game (mostly because the puck frequently leaves the ice), though you might choose to ignore them.

It affects passing, blocking, and shooting. Keep in mind the goal is in the 3rd dimension. Sometimes the puck will go over the net or over the boards.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
I will use another model for the puck, my though is to use rigid body for the puck.. So The puck will solve for all the dimensions..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement