"Learning STL" resources?

Started by
2 comments, last by HBringer 23 years, 4 months ago
Anyone out there have any online or book-recommendations, for learning STL? I''ve found a couple of sites online; but they''re outdated or too advanced for me. I''m fed up with some wacky problems and headaches induced by trying to deal with dynamically allocated 2-dimensional arrays of LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACEs - and people around me are telling me that I should use vectors and other STL components to eliminate some of these hassles (and associated pitfalls). Any advice, references, or materials would be appreciated - thanks! Take care, --HB
Advertisement
Stroustrup''s "The C++ Programming Language" is a good place to start. FatBrain has it here.
I always go here when I need STL information.

Online books rock.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Try this book:

The C++ Standard Library : A Tutorial and Reference
by Nicolai M. Josuttis
ISBN: 0201379260

Just make sure you get the latest PRINTING (its on the inside cover - most people don''t understand the difference between a printing and an edition). The earlier printings had errors and missing pages!!! Other than that this book is unbelievable!

Dire Wolf
direwolf@digitalfiends.com
[email=direwolf@digitalfiends.com]Dire Wolf[/email]
www.digitalfiends.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement