Why cant my compiler find D3DXMatrixTransformation2D()?

Started by
6 comments, last by Drexl 18 years, 9 months ago
I know there probably are som simple answer to my following question, but I cant figure it out: I want to use the function D3DXMatrixTransformation2D() in my 2D-game, but my compiler cant find it. According to microsoft.com you must include the headerfile d3dx9math.h. I have done so, but it still cant find the function?! What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Have you instructed your compiler to link in d3dx9.lib, and of the DX9 include & lib directories?
What error messages do you get when you try to compile?
error C2065: 'D3DXMatrixTransformation2D' : undeclared identifier

And yes, I have linked to d3dx9.lib.

Ok, I think I know what the problem is. I didnt have the latest version of the SDK which was released as soon as a month ago. But now my code for DirectInput doesnt work instead... Well, I´ll return if I cant solve this new problem.

[Edited by - Drexl on July 9, 2005 2:30:40 PM]
I have unistalled my old SDK and installed the latest version. Now nothing works!

I get these errors:

dxerr9.lib(dxerr9.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
dxerr9.lib(dxerr9.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4
Debug/Init01.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

What is this and how do I set it right?

I´d be very grateful for an answer.
You have Visual C++ 6.0 don't you? I remember posting about a fix for this, let me check. Also, I remember that installing the latest service pack for VC++ 6 fixed something or other related to this.

[edit] Though this is not the fix I was refering to, you might want to check this out.

[edit] Still not what I was refering to, but: link.

[edit] Ah! Found it. I don't know if it is still applicable: link (second post).

jfl.
You're probably using Visual C++ 6.0, which has issues with the later DX libraries.

There should be a fixed version of the libraries for VC6 on the Microsoft site.
Thank you very much for your help! I´ve now uninstalled Visual C++ 6.0 and installed Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional. I hope this will solve my problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement