Nitrous Butterfly releases Alien Defense

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 9 months ago
PRESS CONTACT: Tim Pelham Creative Director/CEO tpelham@nitrousbutterfly.com Nitrous Butterfly Announces New Game Launch Alien Defense dubbed "Classic Arcade Shooter…with a twist!" WESTPORT, MA - (July 7, 2005) Nitrous Butterfly, LLC, an indie developer of innovative electronic games, announced the release of "Alien Defense", its new, highly affordable 2D top down action arcade space shooter. The game utilizes 3D rendered graphics for sprites, and is built on a 2D engine written entirely by Nitrous Butterfly for the purposes of this release. "It's survival at all cost as you conquer the enemy that has laid waste to your home world," says Nitrous Butterfly Creative Director and CEO Tim Pelham. "Your fingers will go numb in over 40 levels of non-stop action battling over a dozen different enemies." The game is available immediately for download, and is being distributed through Reflexive Entertainment, Inc. (Refexive Arcade,) which is a download and purchase all-in-one version. Also, as part of this release, Nitrous Butterfly is also introducing a new method for customers of "try before you buy": a free demo download direct from Nitrous Butterfly (Alien Defense Demo) that includes 10 levels, giving customers ample opportunity to sample the game before making a purchase directly from the Nitrous Butterfly website. In both cases, the full version of this multi-level, classic indie game is available for just $14.95. About Nitrous Butterfly Founded in 2003 by Timothy C. Pelham and Mark Miley, Nitrous Butterfly LLC is an independent Game Company focusing on fun yet simple titles. Alien Defense is the second release by the Company, which released Sole Survivor in March, 2004 (Sole Survivor). Nitrous Butterfly also serves the gaming community by creating art content packages for other developers to purchase for their own projects. Nitrous Butterfly looks to leverage its creative strengths to bring storytelling to the video gaming medium, and continue to develop content for gamers and developers through its newest website, Nitrous Butterfly Games. ###
For Gamers and Developershttp://www.nitrousbutterfly.com
Advertisement
I tried the demo and I think its a nice game/nice graphics, but its too easy. I'm sure the levels get a little harder in the full game but I beat the demo without even moving the ship. Even "hard" difficulty insignificantly harder than "easy" mode. Perhaps you could add a one hit death mode for good players or just add a lot more enemies at a time. I think it would be a lot more interesting to play if the game weren't so easy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement