Sign in to follow this  
supagu

vc2005 exe's not working?

Okay, i made a demo using vc2005 beta, but it only works on my computer and my bro's pc (he has win xp 64bit) When it loads on another persons pc it says "application configuration incorrect", i suspect it to be a dll problem, but am not sure. has any one encountered this problem? (im wondering if it might be a .net thing also?)

I believe that visual studio 2005 uses the beta version of .Net framework 2.0. Win XP 64 may have the 2.0 framework, which would be why it works on the 64-bit. This could possibly cause some problems. Although you would think if you tried to run a program that requires the 2.0 version of the .Net framework it would give you a more descriptive error message.

is there a way i can tell visual studio i dont want to be dependent on .net ?

edit:
also found this under libs to include: odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib compiles fine with out them, they look like dbase libraries o.0?

[Edited by - supagu on July 11, 2005 7:50:56 AM]

If it's a c# or vb.net project, then obviously you have to depend on the CLR (e.g. .NET or Mono).

If you created it as a C++ project (not managed c++), then it shouldn't depend on the CLR at all.