public:
	LPD3DXSPRITE		m_sprite;
	LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9        m_pDevice;
	BOOL			isCreated;
      //////////////////////////////////////////
	CSprite(LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 device);
	~CSprite(void);
	HRESULT create()
	HRESULT setDevice(LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 device)
	HRESULT setTexture(CTexture *texture)
};

my question has to do with the "m_pDevice" upon instantiation of the "sprite" I set the m_pDevice equal to the device sent in the constructor... So do i need to call the LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9->Release() for "m_pDevice" when i am done with the sprite???? .. .. what i really wanted to do was make "m_pDevice" a "LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 * " but i had problems getting this to work... ;P

Unless you are doing m_pDevice->AddRef() in the constructor, no. Simply making a copy of a pointer will not increase an interface's reference counter. The only time that will happen is when D3D code explicitly increases it, which you have to watch out for. For example, if you call IDirect3DDevice9::GetSurfaceLevel() you must eventually release the returned surface, because it increases that surface's reference count.

Remember, a resource is only actually ever deleted when it's reference count reaches 0. So you could call Release() on a D3DDevice 5 times, without it being deleted (just make sure it has 5 ref counts first [smile]).