[My First Post] Hi to all

Started by
13 comments, last by jyanshin 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I would just like to say hi to the community! This is my first post here in gamedev.net but not my first time in the forums. I've learned a lot from browsing here for the past one and a half year and felt like it's time I join in. I came from the Philippines, a country where video games are insanely popular but game development is still in its infant stage. The only game I currently know of that has been published worldwide is "Anito" from Anino Entertainment and am very proud of it. To tell something about myself, I just graduated from college, finishing a course in Computer Science. I have previous experiences in game development. Started with simple 2d side scrollers and then going to 3D and currently mastering DirectX 9 (solely from the SDK since there are very few books here in our country pertaining to game dev). I am not gifted in terms of physical attributes as well as intellectual attributes and as such will be asking more in these forums than answering questions. What I only have is the tenacity to live up to the challenge regardless of the situation I am in. That said, Thank you for the time reading this.
Advertisement
Welcome :)
Welcome. I was pleasantly surprised to not see the word MMORPG in your post - I wish more people would spend some time reading through the forums for awhile before they started posting.
Quote:Original post by Will F
Welcome. I was pleasantly surprised to not see the word MMORPG in your post - I wish more people would spend some time reading through the forums for awhile before they started posting.

Indeed. A most mature first post.
Welcome.

jfl.
hi
Howdy, I hope you learn enough to fulfil your gaming dreams :)
Welcome to the forums, and good luck with whatever it is you're hoping to learn here. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by jyanshin
Hi

return "Welcome";
...there are very few books here in our country pertaining to game dev...

Doesn't Amazon (or any other online store) accept orders for the Philippines?
Hi,

Thank you for the welcoming. I truly appreciate it.
Quote: Welcome. I was pleasantly surprised to not see the word MMORPG in your post - I wish more people would spend some time reading through the forums for awhile before they started posting.

I would just like to clarify where exactly are you possibly expecting the word MMORPG in my post as I am clueless about what kind of point are you trying to imply.

Quote: Doesn't Amazon (or any other online store) accept orders for the Philippines?

Yes they do but the shipping and other additional fees are very expensive for someone who just graduated, poor, and jobless.
Quote: Welcome. I was pleasantly surprised to not see the word MMORPG in your post - I wish more people would spend some time reading through the forums for awhile before they started posting.

I would just like to clarify where exactly are you possibly expecting the word MMORPG in my post as I am clueless about what kind of point are you trying to imply.

He's referring to the fact that a lot of new users tend to aim far too high with thier first project(s), which of course prevents a lot of them from succeeding. It's a good thing that you havn't done this. [smile] See this article for a small discussion of it if you'd like, but nothing to worry about - you're just being congratulated for starting things off the right way with smaller projects.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement