• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
was2_0

How to create DOS command line in a Win32 .exe?

This topic is 4822 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How to create DOS command line in a Win32 .exe? And how do MS Visual Studio IDE run its compiler and linker? Are they the same problem? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Press 'start' button, then 'run' write cmd+enter and you can type your DOS commands.

I think you should clarify your question.
What is exactly what you want ? To call DOS commands from a win32 app, to create a DOS-like console in win32?

Maybe the c system() function is what you're looking for?

Cheers

Quote:
Original post by was2_0
How to create DOS command line in a Win32 .exe?

Check MSDN here.

Quote:
Original post by was2_0
And how do MS Visual Studio IDE run its compiler and linker?

Visual Studio creates the compiler and linker programs as a subprocess and redirects the standard handles (stdin & stdout) using pipes. Check these out:

CreateProcess()
Pipes Reference

Hope this helps

You know there was a thread recently posted about this im looking for it.

EDIT:
Well I couldn't find it but I typed "redirect console output" into google and got a good link for you.

This might be what you are looking for. I use something similar to open up a console to write debug output to in my programs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!