• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Foreach loop exit?

This topic is 4606 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a foreach loop here that basically goes through the info in a database and tries the match a user name and password to what the user typed in. What I want to know is how do I stop the loop once the item has been found? // Verify login details and confirm/decline foreach (DataRow dr in dra) { // Verify account name Console.Write("Verifying account name... "); if (Results[0] == dr[7].ToString()) { // Verify password Console.Write("Verifying password... "); if (Results[1] == dr[8].ToString()) { // Verified. How do I leave loop here? } else { // Incorrect password } } else { // Incorrect user name } }

Advertisement
'break' is usually the keyword to break out of a loop. However I don't know what language that is so it could be something different.

However if you already have the info in a database, can't you just do a SELECT (or equivilent) to return the row corresponding to the user name, then just check the password?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement