Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Keyboard terminology

This topic is 4849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I just philosophized about some keyboard terminology (or about buttons in general actually), but I still cant decide what three words to use for these keyboard events: ButtonWentDown ButtonWentUp ButtonWentDownThenUp I'm fully aware of the fact that only the two first are "real" events, but I would like to name the third "event" since it's so common. Press/Release are typical terms for the first two, so the problem is selecting a word that's intuitive different from "press". Or possibly use another word for the press-event as well. Just something to distinguish the two. Release isn't really a problem :) So, any thoughts? What words do you guys use when talking about these things?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!