Sign in to follow this  
matthughson

Bitwise Questions

Hey guys, I have an technical interview next week and I'd like to refresh my knowledge of Bitwise operations. Anyone have any sites they recommend for this? I'm looking for something along the lines of a brief explaination of a topic and then questions for me to try and answer about the topic. Thanks, Matt Hughson

I took Sony's C/C++ test recently, they just had basic bit shifting stuff >> << etc. I would just grab a copy of Ritchie/Keringham, "The C Programming Language 2nd Edition", i think they have a chapater on bitwise operations. Most used stuff in games is obviously bit shifting for optimizing multiplications, and also ## is used for multi-regional games (used to convert to/from unicode if I recall correctly).

Hope this is some help.

Quote:
Original post by noNchaoTic
I took Sony's C/C++ test recently, they just had basic bit shifting stuff >> << etc. I would just grab a copy of Ritchie/Keringham, "The C Programming Language 2nd Edition", i think they have a chapater on bitwise operations. Most used stuff in games is obviously bit shifting for optimizing multiplications, and also ## is used for multi-regional games (used to convert to/from unicode if I recall correctly).

Hope this is some help.

Thanks for the info. Relaxed me a bit if anything. I've never had an interview with a company this big before, so I was a little worried about how intense the interview will be. I actually found this great article, if anyone is looking for the same thing in the future.

Matt Hughson