• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

contest ?

This topic is 4576 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

With the conquest I am not an artist. How are these people making the models so quickly> Which program are they using? I use 3DStudio and it takes me a long time because I'm not so good. Are there any demos or examples of past contest to get examples? thanks, Nick

Advertisement
the one with the zombies, pirates, etc...

I found the examples, but what about the other ?'s

Oh, you mean 4e4. Well, for the most part, I think people are doing one of the following:

a) Making their own models and using engines that they have used before to test them, then making the actual game later (or just using the engines)
b) Making their own engines and using stock models until they get the actual game working
c) Doing both (this for mine and a couple of others, all 2D games)

Are you participating in the contest, by any chance? Oh, and you can download the previous compo's entries somewhere, I don't have the link, so you'll have to find it yourself.

I wouldn't say I make good models, but I've been using [ZBrush]. Download the demo and run some of the character demos. It's like working with digital putty.

Check out the Contests page if you're interested in looking at previous entries.

Personally, I'm using MSPaint for my graphics, so I'm afraid I can't really help there. [lol]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement