Stopping an MP3 file in midstream

Started by
0 comments, last by Tang of the Mountain 18 years, 9 months ago
I have an MP3 file that is running but how do I stop the MP3 file in midstream so that I can play a different MP3 file? I am using this code to run the MP3 "IMediaControl *pMediaControl; IMediaEvent *pEvent; pGraph->QueryInterface(IID_IMediaControl, (void **)&pMediaControl); pGraph->QueryInterface(IID_IMediaEvent, (void **)&pEvent); pGraph->RenderFile(L"C:\\Song1.mp3", NULL); pMediaControl->Run();" Now I would like the gamer to press a button on the keyboard and stop the MP3 from playing without ending my application. If I type in this code: "pMediaControl->Stop();" My entire application closes:-( If I type in this code: "pMediaCotnrol->StopWhenReady();" My application will stop the song but the application freezes and quits.:-( I am unable to run my next song file because the application is quitting all of the time.:-( Thanks for any help you can provide.
Advertisement
Well, Stop() is the correct function to call. I use it now in my DS wrapper without a problem. The only thing I can think of is you're doing something incorrect that we cant see. Which would mean your program isn't just closing, its crashing. Run it in debug a few times and see whats going on there. If you need to drop some code and let us take a looksee.

regards,
Tang
We have youth, how about a fountain of smart.e4 e5 f4 d5

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement