How do i put an Image in my sig?

Started by
15 comments, last by programwizard 18 years, 9 months ago
This really ought to be moved to GDNet CSI.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
I think this is one of the best improvements of gamedev. Especially when compared with the idiotic days of resist banners.
Please don't put an image in your signature. I don't want this forum to turn into a forum full of wasted bandwidth on crappy image signatures that take up half the screen.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Michalson, your avatar might have a bigger filesize than all other images on this page combined. [rolleyes]

Anyway, if you've been to a forum with signatures bigger than the post, you'll know why it's not allowed. I'm glad GameDev also has a fixed avatar size, and avatars only for people that pay. I don't know how much bandwith it runs, but GameDev seems like a very well maintained community.
I wrote a firefox plugin that adds "Reply & Sign" to the form, I don't always sign off with it though [smile]

Signed, Paul
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
I think it's great the way it is, with no images in the signatures. GDNet is after all a technical forum, or at least that is that is the way most people view and use it. I, for one, visit gamedev to learn something, not to just hang out. SigImg's wouldn't provide much to the quality of this community, since avatars are already around to help identify users at a glance.

Perhaps SigImg's could be allowed in the Lounge. I don't really care; I never visit the lounge [wink].
Hack my projects! Oh Yeah! Use an SVN client to check them out.BlockStacker
Quote:Original post by staaf
Perhaps SigImg's could be allowed in the Lounge.

I agree. Since the lounge is an "anything goes" forum in terms of topic, I wouldn't mind allowing people to have images in their signatures there. Of course, then we would have the problem of some idiotic people putting inappropriate images in their signatures. Maybe then we could rename the lounge "The Ghetto of GameDev.net"? (actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea now).

------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement