A little asm help please

Started by
4 comments, last by monkey_32606 18 years, 9 months ago
I was wondering if anyone had any tutorials about accessing the onboard piezo buzzer with ASM.
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
Advertisement
From what OS?
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the ones found on IBM-compatible PCs.

I know it has to do with ports 61h and the system ticker at 43h (or maybe its 42h, maybe both). I've never been able to use the technique though because Compaqs apparently lack a system speaker. Try a Google search for "port 61" (that'll cover "61h" and "0x61").
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the ones found on IBM-compatible PCs.

I know it has to do with ports 61h and the system ticker at 43h (or maybe its 42h, maybe both). I've never been able to use the technique though because Compaqs apparently lack a system speaker. Try a Google search for "port 61" (that'll cover "61h" and "0x61").

Yes, but that will not work on WinXP, Linux, and other OSes that will not allow direct port control.
Yeah, I know that, but the thread was titled "A little asm help please
". Peradventure he's using an older Windows OS. Maybe he wants to do it the ASM way merely for educational purposes.
Thanks for the help guys.
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement