More Dev-C++ Problems

Started by
2 comments, last by Zahlman 18 years, 9 months ago
I am attempting to compile the example files included with Irrlicht. The compiler gives me a bunch of errors whenever I try compiling. The problem does not seem to be code related, since the line numbers for the errors point to blank lines with error-free code before and after them. The errors read:

Line 217 C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\aabbox3d.h unknown escape sequence `\D'
Line 217 C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\aabbox3d.h unknown escape sequence `\I' 
Line 217 C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\aabbox3d.h unknown escape sequence `\i'
(Line 217 is blank and there are no escape sequences near it) I noticed that the directory for my include files is "C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\" and I have tried changing all the \'s into /'s, but that has no effect. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please help.
Advertisement
Also, if anyone had this problem in the past, could they please post a link to something that explains the problem?
Hi, I have never used Irrlicht and so have never had this problem, but I have a slight suspicion about what the problem could be, so:

Try including with relative path names

#include <irr/aabbox3d.h>

The problem could also be with the include file. Try opening aabox3d.h and seeing what it has on line 217.
Quote:Original post by Cornflake420
I am attempting to compile the example files included with Irrlicht. The compiler gives me a bunch of errors whenever I try compiling. The problem does not seem to be code related, since the line numbers for the errors point to blank lines with error-free code before and after them. The errors read:

Line 217 C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\aabbox3d.h unknown escape sequence `\D'Line 217 C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\aabbox3d.h unknown escape sequence `\I' Line 217 C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\aabbox3d.h unknown escape sequence `\i'

(Line 217 is blank and there are no escape sequences near it)

I noticed that the directory for my include files is "C:\Dev-Cpp\Include\irr\"
and I have tried changing all the \'s into /'s, but that has no effect.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please help.

I can't tell you exactly how to do this, but IIRC, Dev-Cpp uses gcc underneath, and gcc provides a flag that allows you to ask it to just run the preprocessor without compiling. Try doing that and then seeing what line 217 is in the fully preprocesssed version of aabbox3d.h. I'll bet that the file is using some macro to concatenate the include file directory into a string literal, for the purpose of opening data files from within the include file directory or something...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement