Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
trevaaar

Weird problem resetting my device

This topic is 4825 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I had some code that was working to reset my Direct3D device, but recently it has just completely stopped working. I'm calling Reset if TestCooperativeLevel returns D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET with the exact same (completely unmodified) D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS structure I used to successfully create the device. It keeps returning D3DERR_INVALIDCALL. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
You have probably created some D3D objects in a memory pool different from "D3DPOOL_MANAGED". If so you will have to release and recreate them manually when the device is lost (release them before calling "reset" on the device).

Try switching to the dx debug runtime and crank up the debug level a few notches - then you'll see d3d telling you what kind of objects that are not release when you try to do a reset.

- Kasper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks, I'm using the debug runtime now (why I wasn't before is beyond me...) and it pointed me to the problem (and another problem I didn't know I had [smile]). Rating++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!