Sign in to follow this  
JVeron

"game coding complete"

Guest Anonymous Poster
As far as I am aware, Game Coding Complete isnt available (legally) as an eBook - you can get the source online (mcshaffry.com) though.

Quote:
Original post by DaBono
As 'Anonymous Poster' said, I don't think it is available as an eBook legally.
Just visit your local bookstore and pick up a copy. I found it worth every penny.

I looked at it while I was at a book store it kind of seemed to only reiterate stuff I have read from a few other books. I suggest going to a book store like borders and sit there and read some of it to see if its really worth the money, along with if it will teach you new things you want to know.

If you're new to game development then I can highly recommend 'Game Coding Complete'. It covers a broad area of topics including quite a few that most people haven't really touched (like source control).

This book is not available through an e-book legally, so your only option is to go out and buy it. The book's website is here.

Doolwind

Guest Anonymous Poster
Game Coding Complete is brilliant. I'd have got a job a lot sooner if I'd read it before applying for jobs in the industry, and even now several years later I've learned more from that book than any other.

Quote:
Original post by JVeron
Ok! But ... Do you know where URL I can download e-book about DIRECTX or GAME DESIGN?
????????

I'm not aware of any DirectX or Game Design books that are available legally as free e-books. I'm afraid you're going to have to... gasp! ...buy a book.