Tech demo-beta - testers? [case closed]

Started by
45 comments, last by xanin 18 years, 9 months ago
AMD Athlon xp 1700+, 768MB RAM, GeForce FX 5200 128MB, Desktop Resoulotion of 1290x1024 at 32 Bpp.
Using the Omega Drivers, set to performance when installed.

I get the black lines on the triangles as well.
Advertisement
Works on my work system now, Geforce2MX, no black triangles. Didn't see a performance difference between the 2 executables.
----------------Amusing quote deleted at request of owner
Thanks for testing.

Quote:Original post by yakuza
Didn't see a performance difference between the 2 executables.

Probably because the rendering is the bottleneck here.
Know something about it, because I am, too, using GeForce2...
Neat little demo. The model is cool looking and the animations look professional. Both run fine for me but I also see the triangle edges. Frame rate is pretty slow though. I get only 86 frames per second on an Athlon 1700+ Geforce 3 Ti 200. How many triangles is that model?
Both ran fine for me

~61 fps
~500 fps toggle v-synce.

AMD 1700+ GeforceFX 5600

I saw the triangle edges as well.

BTW- the model and animations look really good. GJ!
I didn't see any triangle edges. Works great :D

Specs:

AMD64 3000+ @ 2.0Ghz
Raedon 9800 128Mb Non-Pro

I get about 770fps with the sse version.
I get about 710fps with the fpu version.

The model looks nice.
Thank for trying it out. This is one of the things I'm adding to my engine. But it's far from being done.

So maybe I'll start gathering info, who's got edges and who doesn't. Maybe something would come from it...

Quote:Original post by pix0l
Frame rate is pretty slow though. I get only 86 frames per second on an Athlon 1700+ Geforce 3 Ti 200. How many triangles is that model?

About 350~400.
But I am getting 90 fps on my hw (Duron 1GHz, GeForce2MX), so yours is better. Maybe you didn't turn off v-sync ('V' key)?
Works fine for me, didn't see any triangle edges. The model and animations look very nice, good work!

My specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
Radeon 9600XT 128Mb
Quote:Original post by deffer
So maybe I'll start gathering info, who's got edges and who doesn't. Maybe something would come from it...

I also saw edges on my geforce3, but assumed they were there on purpose (since it's actually a pretty useful debugging tool to show both wireframe and regular rendering).

Tom

Edit: quickly scanning the post it seems that all Nvidia cards have edges, all ATI's don't...

Quote:Original post by dimebolt
I also saw edges on my geforce3, but assumed they were there on purpose

lol, as few of my friends, who have seen my work months ago, thought so too, and didn't tell me a word about the edges. And finally, when I got a presentation to make, I found out just the day before, but it was too late to fix things...

Quote:
quickly scanning the post it seems that all Nvidia cards have edges, all ATI's don't...

All new Nvidia cards, as me and yakuza both have GeForce2 and don't see any cracks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement